Our Bitcoin ATM, the first in Toronto, allows you to buy and sell bitcoin with ease.
The Decentral team is always ready to help you. If we are not in the office, press the convenient video doorbell next to the Bitcoin ATM to connectwith us so that we can help you out!
What you’ll need:
Smartphone (with mobile data)
Hours of Operation:
Located at the Convenience Store on 119 Spadina Avenue
MON to WED
7am – 12am
THURS and FRI
7am – 1am
9am – 12am
10am to 10pm
- It’s my first time using the Bitcoin ATM. What do I need to know?
Our Bitcoin ATM is fast, secure and easy-to-use. There are instructions on the screen that are designed to guide you through your first transaction step-by-step.
- What do I need to have on my phone?
You will need a smartphone with mobile data and a Bitcoin wallet, which you can download for free here, if you don’t have one.
- What if I don’t have mobile data on my phone?
You can use the machine even without mobile data by downloading a Bitcoin wallet first from home or wherever you have Internet and taking a screenshot of the scanning code (QR code).
- What is a QR code and where can I find it?
A QR code is a barcode that represents your Bitcoin address, accessible through your Bitcoin wallet app.
- Which Bitcoin wallet should I use?
You can download Jaxx across 9 platforms, including Android and iOS!
- Does the Bitcoin ATM require any personal information?
In order to use the machine, all that is required is a mobile phone number that is able to receive text messages.
- Why do I need to enter my phone number?
The phone number is used to track the user’s daily buying or selling limit.
- How long does it take to buy or sell bitcoin?
Depending on how much you’re talking about, selling bitcoins generally takes as fast as 10 minutes, while buying could take 5 minutes or less.
- What’s the minimum amount of bitcoins I can buy?
You can buy a minimum of $5 worth of Bitcoin.
- What’s the maximum amount of bitcoin can I sell?
You can sell a maximum amount of $6,000 within a 24-hour period.
- Do I need to buy a whole bitcoin?
No, you can buy fractions of a bitcoin for as little as $5.